K-3 Visa Attorney

An Immigration Attorney Can You Help Obtain A Spouse Visa

The US government makes it possible for husbands and wives of United States citizens to apply for a spouse visa. A K-3 visa allows a legally married couple to be reunited in the US while they wait for a final decision on their petition for an immigration green card.

The Law Office of Paul Young Choi has a successful track record of helping married couples obtain spouse visas. An immigration lawyer from our office can help you and your loved one to get through the process as efficiently as possible. We have been serving clients in Los Angeles for years and offer a full range of services. We will guide you through every step of the way so that bringing your husband or wife into this country is as simple as possible.

Where Do I Begin?

If you are a US citizen married to a foreign national, you should start by contacting the Law Office of David Sturman. One of our qualified immigration attorneys will walk you through the necessary steps that need to be taken for your spouse to obtain a visa. In most cases, we will initially need to file an I-130 petition for your husband or wife. This form is a request for an immigrant visa for the immediate family of a US citizen. Once this form has been properly filed, we will then submit what is called an I-129 form, requesting a green card for your non-citizen spouse. They will then be eligible to apply for a spouse visa during the waiting period.

There are many benefits to obtaining a K-3 Marriage visa for your husband or wife, such as:

  • He or she does not have to wait for visa availability; there are no restrictions to the number of spouse visas which are approved each year. Once approved, your spouse may enter the country.
  • Once here, he or she may apply for a status adjustment to obtain permanent residency at the time of his or her choosing.
  • A work authorization can be made available for him or her while he or she awaits approval of the I-130 petition.
  • Minor children may accompany your spouse, although a separate petition may need to be filed on their behalf.

There are a few limitations to the marriage visa. A K-3 visa is only valid for two years, although it may be renewed if your spouse has other applications pending. Once your spouse arrives in Los Angeles, if your initial petition is denied, he or she may be deported. For a full explanation of the entire process, contact our office by calling (818) 714-2226.

A Los Angeles Immigration Lawyer You Can Trust

For more information on obtaining a spouse visa, email or call the Law Office of David Sturman at (818) 714-2226. We will provide you with a FREE consultation so that you can find out how an immigration attorney at our firm can help you work towards a successful outcome with your marriage visa.