E-1 and E-2 Visas

Experienced Legal Assistance For Investment Visas

US immigration laws surrounding foreign business and finance are constantly changing. For investors from some countries, the government has created a separate category of E-1 and E-2 Treaty Trader visas. Citizens from more than 80 countries that have a commerce treaty with the United States could be eligible for this status. The Law Office of David Sturman has a staff of experienced and talented immigration attorneys who can handle visa applications for individuals or companies with a substantial interest in their US trade.

Our firm has been assisting individual and corporate investors out of our Los Angeles based office for a number of years. An immigration lawyer from the Law Office of David Sturman can answer your questions and help to expedite the visa process. Whether you need an E-1 Treaty Trader visa for an existing business venture or an E-2 visa for a new investment, our team has the knowledge and experience to handle your case. We will help to ensure your petition is filed correctly and in a timely manner. With a qualified immigration attorney for our firm working on your behalf, you can feel confident that we will do everything we can for you to achieve a successful outcome with your visa request.

E-1 And E-2 Visa Requirements

Your corporation and its employees, or you as an individual may qualify for an E-1 Treaty Trader visa if you meet the following requirements:

  • Maintain citizenship in a country with official trading ties to the United States
  • Have a substantial, vested interest in both your native country and the US market
  • Practice ongoing trading with your country of origin and the United States in goods, services, tourism or financial markets.
  • If you are an employee of a business, you may also need to prove you have a specialized skill set and are proficient in speaking the English language.

E-2 visas carry their own set of conditions. You must be a national of a treaty country. Additionally, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Possess or be working towards a large sum capital investment in the US economy through a new business venture.
  • Travel to the United States for the purpose of developing your enterprise and creating American jobs.
  • Employees seeking this visa category will also need to show evidence that they are in a supervisory role.

Because the qualifications for E-1 and E-2 Treaty Trader visas are so complex, a Los Angeles immigration lawyer from the Law Office of David Sturman can serve as an important member of your business team. We can help you determine if this is the right type of visa for you or if there is a better way for you to pursue entry to the US.

Contact Us To Learn How We Can Help You Succeed

The Law Office of David Sturman handles cases from all over the world. If you’re considering a sizable investment in Los Angeles or elsewhere in the United States, contact the immigration attorneys at the Law Office of David Sturman. Call (818) 714-2226 for a free consultation.